READ THE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION BELOW THE CONTACT FORM.
Do you want to be a volunteer at Aloha Toronto? There will be many positions available to help facilitate this massive event. From set up to tear down, from assisting vendors to the live entertainment stage and from the stand up paddle (SUP) races to Surfers Healing, we welcome your support!
Kindly fill out the contact form below adding the following in the message block: “VOLUNTEER” to RSVP your spot.
Aloha Toronto Team
WHAT ALL VOLUNTEERS NEED TO KNOW:
- Watch our inaugural event Aloha Toronto 2012
- The inspiration behind Aloha Toronto is Surfers Healing. Aloha Toronto founder Helen Hatzis shares the story.
- In their own words, Izzy and Danielle talk about how it began in their show “The Swell Life” that was featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Surfers Healing is now in its 16th year. Toronto, Canada was their first Canadian date at Aloha Toronto.
- Surfers Healing is our beneficiary annually. We also support a local autism organization. In 2012 it was SickKids Hospital. This year (2013), it is Autism Ontario.
- Team Aloha Toronto is active throughout the year spreading autism awareness by producing a series of awareness videos, hosting smaller scale events such as: Snow Bash – the hottest party in the middle of winter, and film screenings.
- Dress code: We are a professional event dealing with the public. Everyone will be fashioned with a branded event shirt to stand out. We suggested comfortable (smart) looking shorts/board shorts and shoes (flip flops, water shoes with extra on hand).
- Conduct: Once we don an event shirt, we must be cognizant of how we act and react in any situation. We must all use best practices and uphold professional standards while on duty. No obscene language, no smoking, no consumption of alcohol.
- Shift Responsibility: Volunteers will be assigned specific roles and are encouraged to work closely with their team and captain. Volunteers are expected to perform their duties with utmost professionalism and best practices. Volunteers must be punctual and fulfill their confirmed commitments.
- Social Media: Help us by spreading the word! Like us on Facebook. Tweet about us. Repin our photos on Pinterest. Share, retweet and pin our posts, tweets and photos.
- Aloha Toronto, Surfers Healing and Autism Ontario branding see below:
- The Aloha Toronto weekend includes:
- Kick off party (Friday night)
- Entertainment stage
- Stand Up Paddle race
- Celebrity fun paddle
- Stand Up Paddle rentals
- Tiki Beach Bar
- Surfers Healing camp (includes craft and music therapy area)
Aloha Toronto has a word mark (below) and logo (right):
Surfers Healing logo: